Monday, September 29, 2008

I NEEDED A TREE!

At one point in our married life we had bought and sold three houses in four years, moved to England and back, lived in the country for a while, returned to city living, then finally after my late-bloomer husband finished college we moved to a small city in the far northern part of the state. By the time we were able to even think about buying a house I recall simply wanting "my own tree!”
During these in-between years we were raising our family of teenagers and the efforts required each time we were uprooted took something from each of us. It’s likely that my mother-heart felt the urgency to re-establish the semblance of “home” as quickly as possible with each move so when the opportunity came I desired a house of course but the need for my own tree was by then so firmly planted that the need for a tree seemed of utmost importance to me!
The house we bought turned out to be where we lived the longest in one place in our married life until our current home. An apple tree in the back yard was the answer to my unspoken prayer for a tree and fulfilled the desires of my heart just as God so long ago promised in His word: “Delight yourself in the LORD; And He will give you the desires of your heart.” Psalm 37:4 (NASB)
Who would have thought I needed a tree?
© Marilyn Sue Moore 9-29-08