Friday, April 24, 2009

ALWAYS THE SAME

In this world I have grown to expect that things are ever changing but I was really thrown for a loop a few days ago when I heard that the area known as “Four Corners” where the four states of Utah, Colorado, Arizona, and New Mexico come together has been declared to be off by two-and-one-half miles! We have been there, had our pictures taken there, and even bragged to folks that our Little Doggie Tray once posed for a picture with one foot in each of four states at one time. Now we learn that the boundaries we once thought true were not based on accurate surveys.
Now I wonder: Is it possible that the original survey was accurate but the earth is subtlety shifting in the interim due to earthquakes, etc? Since I know nothing of land surveys and have no other way to prove or disprove what I am being told, I have to depend on those with expertise and allow them to state the facts as they have determined them to be even though I find it so difficult to accept as true. I am not sure why I find this occurrence such a difficult concept except I don’t like change and this involves a big change in thinking that came about suddenly. I guess I’ll have to continue to wonder about it while I wait to see what the news will bring as the surveyors continue their work of determination.
As I thought on these things I considered the fact that one unchanging thing I know is that “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today, yes and forever.” (Hebrews 13:8 NASB) I will not wake to TV news one day that Jesus has changed in any way because I have His promise to the contrary not only in one place but several in His Word.

"In the beginning you made the earth secure. You placed it on its foundations. Your hands created the heavens. They will pass away. But you will remain. They will all wear out like a piece of clothing. You will make them like clothes that are taken off and thrown away. But you remain the same. Your years will never end."
Psalm 102:25-27 (New International Reader's Version)

Since I don’t like change I am very thankful to know that in Him I have found The One Who will always remain the same.
©Marilyn Sue (Libby) Moore 4-24-09