Saturday, April 18, 2009

IT WAS A SPECIAL TIME

Yesterday would have been my daddy’s 99th birthday. I wonder who besides me remembered. I am sure one of my brothers was as aware as I and perhaps a few others as well. As the day approached I knew my niece would be aware of the day since from her birth she had shared Daddy’s birthday and we had many happy family meal celebrations topped off with her mother’s creative confections. It was a special time in life.
It seemed to so many of us that Daddy just prior to his 57th birthday was taken from this life too soon, yet we knew that God’s timing is never wrong and we knew that regardless of his age, Daddy was ready to continue his walk with God in the Heavenly Realm.
As memories have taken me back over the days of Daddy’s life and death I have once again been reminded of God’s plans for Daddy as well as for each one of us so beautifully described in Psalm 139 (NASB):


13 For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb.
14 I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;
16 Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them


1 O LORD, You have searched me and known me.

2 You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You understand my thought from afar.
3 You scrutinize my path and my lying down, And are intimately acquainted with all my ways. 4 Even before there is a word on my tongue, Behold, O LORD, You know it all.

17 How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How vast is the sum of them!
18 If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand When I awake, I am still with You.

Daddy’s life was precious to those of us who knew him well and as we read these verses from Psalm 139 we know God knew him best, planned for his life before it was…even to the number of his days. Daddy’s path was a walk with God and that night when he made his final bed on this earth he was a breath away from waking still with the Lord!
It was a special time!

© Marilyn Sue (Libby) Moore 4-18-09