Friday, May 1, 2009

DELETED UNREAD

From time to time our local newspaper requests readers put pen to paper to write their thoughts and memories of specific holidays and/or occasions. The last Presidential Election was just such an opportunity and having known in advance there would likely be an interest I was geared up only I felt the story I had in mind would be better done by one of their reporters so I contacted him by e-mail in July. I had no response so by the time the newspaper was requesting articles in the fall I decided to write my own and send it in. I missed the deadline for the Election Day articles and although the title was misleading (THE MISSING VOTE) since my article wasn’t about the candidates though timely, I decided to e-mail it in as a “MY TURN” anyway. MY TURN is another invitation from our newspaper to local writers to see our names in print while sharing personal stories. I was momentarily stunned when almost immediately for the first time ever an offering I sent was returned with the message, “Deleted Unread”.
After thinking through all the reasons listed above and contacting the editor to explain why such should not have happened, I realized I needed to be thankful that God doesn’t do that with my messages! Furthermore, God wouldn’t have needed any detailed explanation because He watches over me all day long each and every day and knows and understands every detail of my life anyway! Just look at what Psalm 33:13-15 (NLT) says about Him:

“The Lord looks down from heaven
and sees the whole human race.
From His throne He observes all
who live on the earth.
He made their hearts,
so He understands everything they do.”

There’s nothing DELETED UNREAD about us with God. Aren’t you thankful?
© Marilyn Sue (Libby) Moore 5-1-09